Manufacturer Intern Program Criteria
- Must be a regional manufacturing companies located in Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Washington, or Westmoreland County
- Company must hire a technical school, college, or university intern during the 2020 calendar year
- Innovation Works pays 50% (up to maximum of $2,500) of intern’s salary for work performed in 2020 based on a 1:1 match from the employer company (minimum $5,000 gross compensation to receive the maximum $2,500 intern reimbursement)
Additional Intern Program Criteria
- Company to submit an application; will be selected based on evaluation criteria and strength of the application, on a bi-weekly, rolling basis beginning on March 31st.
- Company sources intern candidate; candidate resumes also available on request
- Intern cannot be a family member of a company employee
- Intern cannot be an immediate family member of an Innovation Works employee, consultants, Board Member or an immediate family member of an elected Pennsylvania official.
- Intern must be on company payroll (receive W-2); cannot be 1099 contractor
Yay, I’m eligible! How do I participate in the IW Intern programs?
- Fill out the application Apply
- Application will be reviewed on a bi-weekly, rolling basis beginning on March 31st, 2020; additional information regarding your application may be requested.
- Sign Intern Program Agreement, which includes the terms and conditions of the program.
- Hire an intern; we can assist in recruiting candidates or you may provide your own. Make sure interns submit their information here.
- Submit pay stubs to email@example.com demonstrating intern’s gross compensation and pay period
- Invoice IW up to three times, as appropriate (July, October and January)
- IW cuts you a check!